MSI-9300 SeriesCrane/Hanging Scales
The MSI-9300 and MSI-9300HT crane scales combine an integrated weight display with advanced wireless data processing capability providing versatile solutions in overhead industrial weighing applications. Both crane scale configurations merge MSI’s advanced CellScaleTM technology with world-renowned crane scale designs providing local and remote control capabilities along with connectivity with plant information systems.
Both models feature industrial-grade, shock-mounted electronics, watertight packaging with large ultra-bright displays readable at distances up to 50feet (15m). Integrated CellScale technology offers the ability to effectively monitor and control single or multiple crane scales from multiple locations throughout plant operations. Wireless, real-time transmission of weight and product information can be processed through a system-configured network of CellScale components from distances up to 1000feet (300m) with standard antennas. Operating range can be further increased with optional antennas configured with other networked CellScale components.
Both fixed and handheld digital weight indicators are available in addition to RF modems for wireless connectivity with peripheral computers and scoreboards. Optional 802.11b/g Ethernet connectivity is also supported for adaptation and integration with existing plant information systems.
The MSI-9300 is available in a standard range of capacities, up to 50 tons. Larger and application specific designs are available for capacities over 50 tons. Additional options and configurations are also available for mill and foundry over high temperature ladle installations.
The MSI-9300HT (High Torque) is a unique crane scale configuration specially designed for heavy capacity coil handling applications, up to 35 tons. A fixed hook is featured for interface compatibility with crane hooks equipped with powered rotation and where high torque conditions exist between the crane hook and load.
- Crane unit with 2.4 GHz Spread Spectrum transceiver
- Six-digit, 1.2 in. (30 mm) LED display and annunciators
- Top lifting eye or shackle, bottom thrust bearing swivel hook
- 12 volt rechargeable battery and universal 115/230 VAC, 50/60 Hz battery charger (NA Plug Standard)
Note: Communicates with MSI-9850, MSI-9750A or MSI scoreboard. Each sold seperately.
- Meets or exceeds OSHA, ANSI, ASME and other safety design standards (5:1 Ultimate Safety Factor)
- Accuracy: ±(0.1% +1 d) of applied load
- Resolution: 3,000 to 5,000 d standard (up to 10,000 d available)
- Enclosure: NEMA 4, IP66, marine grade 356 alloy anodized cast aluminum
- Lifting Eye, Shackle & Hook: Crosby® or equal with 360º thrust-bearing swivel hook.
- Design Overload: 200% Safe / 500% Ultimate (except where noted)
- Functions: Power, zero, net/gross, tare and programmable test/user
- Display: 6 digit, 1.2in (30mm) LED with 14 feature annunciators and programmable brightness control
- Displayable Units: Pounds or kilograms selectable
- Power: 12 volt rechargeable battery, 115-230 VAC battery charger included
- Operating Time: Up to 30 hours between charging with typical use
- Operating Temperature: -4º F to 140º F (-20°C to 60ºC)
- Calibration: Digital via MSI-9750A or MSI-9850 RF indicators or via serial interface with PC terminal program.
- Filtering: LO, Medium and HI selectable
- Radio Link: FHSS at 2.4GHz
- Radio Effective Range: Typically 500 ft (150m) indoor, 1,000 ft (300m) outdoor with standard antennas.
- Approvals: NTEP CC 07-007; 5,000 lb - 70,000 lb (2,500 kg - 35,000 kg capacities)
- Warranty: 1 year limited
|Capacity x Readability
||500 x 0.2 lb
||2000 x 1.0 lb
||5000 x 1.0 lb
||10,000 x 2.0 lb
||20,000 x 5.0 lb
||30,000 x 10 lb
||50,000 x 10 lb
||70,000 x 20 lb
||100,000 x 20 lb
|250 x 0.1 kg
||1000 x 0.5 kg
||2500 x 0.5 kg
||5000 x 1.0 kg
||10,000 x 2.0 kg
||15,000 x 5 kg
||25,000 x 5 kg
||35,000 x 10 kg
||50,000 x 10 kg
||+ (0.1% +1 d) of applied load
||3000 to 5000 d standard (Up to 10,000 d available)
|Legal for trade
||NEMA 4/IP66, Double O-ring gasketed, Marine-grade 356 alloy
|Top Lifting Eye or Shackle
||Crosby® or equivalent
||Crosby® thrust bearing swivel hook or equivalent
||200% of rated capacity
||500% of rated capacity (except as noted on specification sheet)
||Six digit, 1.2 in (30 mm) high weight and data LED, 14 backlit LED annunciators, automatic brightness adjustment
||Pounds or Kilograms selectable
||Standard:12V rechargeable battery (115–230 VAC, 50/60 Hz universal battery charger)
||40+ hours depending on programmed operating mode
||-4°F to 158°F (-20°C to 70°C)
||Typically 500 ft (150 m) indoors, 1000 ft (300 m) outdoors
||Via RF or Input Comm Port. Calibration is accomplished through a PC terminal program. Calibration is also available using the MSI-9850 and MSI-9750A indicators
||Low, medium or high - selectable
||Used for calibration purposes and system configuration management
||Frequency hopping spread spectrum at 2.4 GHz provides 64 networks of scales and peripheral devices. Radio functions in the ISM brand, license free in the USA and Europe. 10 mW (low power), 63 mW (medium power) or 250 mW (high power) average output
||Scale data is available through RF interface
|Totalization and Statistics
||Push button or automatic. Extensive total and statistics capabilities are provided on the MSI-9300 when CellScale digital weight indicators are part of the wireless network
|Real Time Clock
||Date/time in USA or European formats. Clock data available via RF interfaces (MSI-9850 and MSI-9750A)