Avery Weigh-Tronix ZM301 is an everyday indicator for common industrial weighing applications. This high performance, multi-function indicator will analyze, store, display and transmit data, providing you with greater visibility of weighing performance.
The ZM301 indicator features the latest technological advancement for highly visible displays. The high contrast, nine segment IBN display technology provides excellent color contrast and enhanced viewing angles, reducing operator error and improving productivity.
The ZM301 captures values at an astounding rate of 80 times per second and is available in a variety of enclosures to suit your operating environment:
The ZM301 offers multi-connectivity, with Ethernet, RS232 and a USB Host port as standard and Analog output, USB device, Current Loop, RS485/RS422 and Wireless options available.
Harmonizer™ adjustable filtering system
The fully adjustable Harmonizer™ filtering system, which is present on all ZM300 series models, corrects environmental noise and vibration. It offers three types of application-specific filtering: multiple levels of filtering for vibration frequency, adjustment for amplitude, and finally a selectable “threshold,” or a level of weight change at which the dampening is disabled. This speeds up the weighing process, quickly identifying any weight changes that exceed the selected threshold value.
ZM300 series indicators can be used as remote displays, enabling easy and convenient viewing of weight information where you need it. Remote push buttons or foot controls can be attached to all the ZM300 series indicators, improving productivity by enabling operators to activate the indicator remotely in order to perform Zero, Print, Tare, Units, or F1 functions.
Amongst the range of enclosures available, the laboratory certified IP69K stainless steel enclosure offers complete resistance to dust and water ingress. This certification offers users reassurance that the product is suitable for use in high pressure, heavy washdown and dust-prone applications.
IP69K GORE® Vent
In food applications, indicators may be subject to rapid temperature change, whether due to operating conditions or wash down procedures. Extremes of temperature inside and outside the enclosure can result in expansion and contraction of gases, which in turn can lead to moisture and humidity becoming trapped inside. To avoid this issue, the Avery WeighTronix IP69K certified indicators are fitted with GORE® Vent technology; a membrane which allows the indicator to breathe without compromising the IP69K enclosure. This industrial, food-grade technology guarantees no down time due to water ingress.
The ZM300 series of indicators offers multi-connectivity, ensuring compatibility and communication between old and new peripheral technologies. An Ethernet port is included as standard, supporting fast and efficient data transfer both locally or across the globe via an IP network, while two RS232 serial interface ports provide for data transfer to older equipment. A USB host port facilitates communication with printer hardware as well as offering the option of using a USB storage device to transfer data to a back office PC for integration and management. Analog output, USB device, Current Loop, RS485/ RS422 and Ethernet wireless options are also available, enabling you to utilize the same user-friendly interface for numerous applications with a range of connectivity options to suit your business requirements.
- Operating Applications General weighing, accumulation, check weighing, counting, peak measurement, batching and
- Unit of Measure Six, configurable (Pounds, Kilograms, Ounce, Gram, Pound/Ounce, Custom)
- Capacity Selections 9,999,999 with decimal located zero to five places
- Incremental Selections Multiples and sub-multiples of 1, 2, 5
- Programmable Selections Zero range, motion detection, automatic zero tracking, five point linearization
- Time and Date Battery backed up time/date/year (12 hr or 24 hour format)
- Calibration Two to five points stored
- Analog to Digital Measurement Rate 80 Hz
- Internal Resolution 53,687,100 counts per mV/V per second
- Digital Filtering Harmonizer filtering with adaptable constant and threshold
- Self Diagnostics Display, keys, inputs, outputs, serial port
- Keypad ZM301: 6 key chemical resistant keypad with metal domed tactile feedback ZM303: 24 key chemical resistant keypad with metal domed tactile feedback
- Operational Keys ZM301: Zero, Print, Units, Tare, Select, F1
ZM303: Zero, Print, Units, Tare, Select, Sample, Target, ID, Start, Stop, 0-9, Decimal, Clear, F1, Setup
- Status Annunciators Center of Zero, Motion, Gross, Net, Tare, Count, Print, Battery status, Set point 1,2,3, Over/Under/Accept bar
graph or fill bar graph, LB, KG, Gram, Oz, Preset Tare, Quantity, (Custom unit of measure – Ton, Tory Ounce,
Tonne, Feet/Meters, etc), Active Ethernet connection.
- Display IBN illuminated: 7 digit, nine segment display, green on black background for indoor use
TN backlit (ZM303 only): 7 digit nine segment display, black on green background ideal for outdoor/indoor use
0.8” (20 mm) high digits
Annunciators for status and mode identification
- Display Rate Selectable (1, 2, 5, 10, 20) times per second
- Enclosures Stainless steel: 304 brushed stainless steel (IP69K certified) with GORE® Vent ventilation and tilt stand with
provisions for desk, wall and column mounting
- Aluminum: Aluminum black powder painted IP20 with rubber feet
- Panel mount: Stainless steel panel mount IP66
- Operating Temperature Compliance with legal for trade requirements -4° F to 140° F / -20° C to 60° C (industrial) 10 to 90% humidity
- Shipping Weight Stainless steel: 8.09 lb (4.05 kg)
- Aluminium: 4.75 lb (2.37 kg)
- Panel mount: 6.53 lb (3.27 kg)
- Dimensions (L X W X H) Stainless steel: 9.6” x 5” x 8.8” (243 mm x 127 mm x 223 mm)
- Aluminum: 8” x 3.2” x 6.3” (203 mm x 81 mm x 160 mm)
- Panel mount: 8.7” x 3.4” x 6.9” (221 mm x 86 mm x 175 mm)
- Remote Inputs Three logic level inputs for Zero, Print, Tare, Units or F1
- Standard Outputs Three set point outputs, open collector design
- Serial Ports Two serial ports: - Comm 1 RS232 full duplex - Comm 2 RS232 full duplex Or - Comm 1 RS232 full duplex with handshaking - Comm 2 Not available Programmable serial response to ASCII input SMA protocol, broadcast, enquire
- USB Host Printer Connect USB flash memory
- Ethernet Ethernet IP, FTP, Modbus TCP and DHCP
- Optional Analog output Current Loop/RS485/RS422 USB Device Internal Wireless 802.11b/g
- Power Requirements Line voltage: 90-264 VAC (110-240 VAC nominal), frequency 50 or 60 Hz, 12 to 36 VDC Power consumption: estimated at 200 mA at 12 VDC for one weight sensor and 250 mA at 12 VDC for six weight sensors.
- Excitation 5 VDC, short circuit protected Supports up to six 350 ohm weight sensors 4 or 6 conductors with sense leads Detachable plug connectors
- Analog Signal Input Range -1 m/V/V to 5 mV/V
- Analog Signal Sensitivity 0.1 µV/V/divisions minimum 0.5 µV/V/divisions recommended
- Circuitry Protection RFI, EMI and ESD protection
- PC Card (choose one) Analog output card: 0-5 VDC, 0-10 VDC and 4-20 mA Current
- Loop Card: Current Loop and RS485/RS422
- USB device card: Provides USB interface to PC Wireless internal card: 802.11b/g wireless data communications kit with antenna
- External Battery Pack Attachable external battery pack with on/off. Uses four D batteries providing 12 hours operation on a single weight sensor system and 11 hours on a four weight sensor system
- ZM-OPTO Provides setpoint interface
- USB Watertight Gland Rubberized and sealed with 6” lead
- Ethernet Watertight Gland Rubberized and sealed with 6” lead
- Stand Kit For aluminum enclosure models
- Agencies *pending NTEP (US) Class III/IIIL 10,000 d (CC# 11-096)
- OIML (European and UK) Class III 6,000 d*
- AM (Measurement Canada) (AM-5841C)
- Australia (NMI)*
- MID R61*
- South Africa*
- New Zealand*
- CE UL/C-UL-US
- IP69K (case)
The ZM300 series, with the exclusion of the ZM305 GTN Inbound-Outbound, features a range of built-in applications, making them truly multifunctional and ideal to provide a common product for multiple solutions. The simple to use keypads allow users to view or change the parameters for all normal weighing operations: push-button tare; keypad tare entry; setpoint registers; checkweighing ; identification number; start and stop.
By linking the ZM300 indicators to a simple weighing platform such as a floor or bench scale, the multifunction indicators can be used for basic everyday weighing, including the ability to accumulate, store and recall transactions.
The ZM305 Standard is suitable for in–motion weighing, using two inputs that signal when an object enters and exits the weighing zone. The ZM305 Standard is ideal for applications such as monorail or conveyor weighing. The system’s built-in Harmonizer™ filtering system adjusts to account for the noise and vibration that is a natural part of many weighing applications.
The brightly lit display also includes a multi-segment graph. This provides a fast visual weight indication, allowing operators to instantly verify whether products are over, under or within target weight ranges.
If a maximum weight reading is required, the ZM300 series can capture and display the peak measurement of stable weights.
The multi-segmented graph can be used as a filling status annunciator and is equipped with three setpoint controls to interface with relays for automated mixing or blending
Built-in counting routine software allows the ZM303 or ZM305 Standard indicators to be paired with floor or bench scales to precisely count high volumes of identical parts.
The ZM301 is a simple-to-operate, weight-reading indicator, with high-speed value capturing capabilities of up to 80 times per second. Equipped with six operational keys, including Zero, Print, Units, Tare, Select and F1, the ZM301 has built-in operational routines - enabling users to configure the device for individual weighing needs. Available with aluminum, IP69K stainless steel and panel mount enclosures, the ZM301 features an IBN display, making it ideal for use in direct sunlight.
The ZM303 features a numeric keyboard, as well as clearly-displayed buttons for common weighing requirements, such as counting, check-weighing and process control, allowing users to quickly switch between applications. Both aluminum and IP69K stainless steel enclosures are available with IBN and TN display technology, making them suitable for a range of indoor or outdoor applications.